|CAPO Girls Softball Evaluation Day
Please register for Fall Ball prior to Evaluation Day - Click Here
Evaluation Day Attendance: Our Evaluation Day will be held on Sunday, August 23rd at COX Sports Park. A detailed schedule per last name and division is listed below. We use evaluations as a way to create evenly balanced teams. Attendance is especially important if your daughter is new to the league or wants to be considered for a Select team.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your daughter CANNOT attend but wants to be considered for a Select team, please notify me (Gary Kumpel) via email no later than Friday, August 21st.
Required Equipment: Equipment that your daughter will need for the Aug 23rd Evaluation Day includes:
Fielding face mask
Batting Helmet with face mask attached
Bag to hold equipment
Black softball pants
Batting helmet should be tight enough on her head so that it does not move when she runs but not so tight that she complains. Beginners should have a very light bat that they can swing easily. Our 20% off at Dick's coupon (click HERE) is still valid through today and then another one will be posted for this weekend.
Schedule Conflicts: Everyone on this email has registered for Fall Ball. If there is a day of the week that your daughter CANNOT attend practice or there are any other scheduling conflicts, you should have noted it in the field which asks for "days or times that your daughter cannot practice" section during registration. If you did not, please login to your CAPO account and do it ASAP! We will start puzzling together 6U teams in the next few days and coaches will use it when they draft teams this Sunday after evaluations.
Friend Requests: For the 6U division, we try very hard to put any friends on the same team. You should have noted any friend requests in the "Special Requests/Comments" section during registration. As girls get into older divisions, it is harder and harder to accommodate friend requests but please mention any for 8U-12U girls knowing it is not likely they can play together. Again, login to your account and do it ASAP if you didn't already.
- All players, including 6U, must come to COX Sports Park fields on August 23rd to confirm the size and uniform information. We will have a uniform sizing table.
- Team jerseys, softball socks, and COVID neck gaiters are included with registration. Black softball pants are NOT included.
- Players are asked to arrive early to check-in, check temperature, confirm uniform size, and warm-up before evaluations begin.
- 6U players will not participate in evaluations but will need to stop by COX to confirm uniforms and can do this any time between 9:00am and 12:30.
- Players that cannot attend evaluations or that cannot stop by the fields to confirm uniforms must review sizing chart (click HERE for women and youth girls size charts) and confirm sizing that they entered online when they registered.
- Uniforms will be ordered by 2pm on Tuesday, August 25th. Anyone needing a new uniform because of incorrect sizing, name or number must pay for it and may be without a uniform for the first 2-3 weeks of the season.
- It is nearly impossible to make changes once teams are formed since uniforms are ordered based on the teams. Therefore, the information above is important.
Practices: Your coach will contact his/her roster of players by Monday, August 24th. He/she will likely schedule a team meeting during the week of August 24th. Team practices will begin week of August 31st.
Games: Games are still not allowed per state COVID guidelines. We will continue to practice until games are permitted.
Pitching Lessons: We had a great turn-out this weekend at our clinics and there was a big interest in pitching! Aubrey Ellis, one of CAPO's preferred pitching coaches, donated her time to run the pitching clinic this weekend. If you are interested in receiving private pitching lessons, please contact her at 714-749-2570.
Please bring the equipment we have listed below with your daughter's name on it. We are unable to share equipment, so she should have her own. If you do not have the list below, that's okay. We will work with you to make sure your daughter has a great experience.